is a community wide problem. Community involvement and individual
responsibility can help reduce drunk driving arrests, crashes, and
fatalities. You can help prevent drunk driving by:
- Being a designated driver.
- Agreeing to pick up a friend or relative that has had too much to drink.
a plan! Before enjoying a night out, have a safe plan regarding how
you're going to get home (e.g. take a cab, use UBER, or a designated driver)
- Reporting drunk drivers to local law enforcement.
- Supporting local programs and efforts aimed at reducing drunk driving.
- Not letting intoxicated friends or loved ones operate a motor vehicle.
for organizations and events (e.g. Every 15 Minutes or Alcohol Free
Post Prom Parties) that raise awareness and prevent drinking and
- Sharing the impact of your drunk driving story.
- Downloading a copy of the Students Against Drunk Driving (SADD) "Contract for Life;"
a written agreement between parents and teenagers who promise to call
for a safe ride home if they find themselves in a potentially
©2017 Knetzger Training, Consulting, & Publishing, LLC